27 March, 2013

mileage.

Yesterday, I ran farther than I've run in months. I'm really, really slow. But that's okay. I'll get there. My ankle is relatively pain free this week, easing up from the past two weeks of pain ranging from intense to minor. But none of it as bad as it was six months ago. I can also handle these mild episodes under the assumption that I'm not doing any serious damage and that eventually, as they are fading and becoming less in occurrence and intensity, these incidences will become negligible.

I head to the doctor tomorrow to find out what the final prognosis is. I'm reasonably confident that he'll release me, given that I run in my brace. I don't think my ankle is ready to go without. So... two for the money, three for the show... or whatever that good luck thing is.

In other news, I'm thinking about doing something crazy, something I've been wanting to do for a while. And why not now, as I ramp up my training? I've been wanting to try a shorter time trial for a while... given, I'm currently out of shape on the bike. I have a lot of work to do to put in anything resembling a decent showing. I'll still get my little butt kicked. It should be fun, though :) I'm ecstatic!

I'll be undertaking the seven mile Berry Peddler Time Trial in May, unless something crazy happens to prevent my presence. So I think that means that as soon as I get through this week of higher running commitment in one piece, I'll be spending a lot of time on good ol Bikey!

No comments: