10 May, 2014

Satuhdee mornin' Pensive.

"I never really had a broken heart, you don't believe me, just look in my chest,
While some people like to run and hide... I've never really been undone..." - Dr. Dog, "Broken Heart"

Choose not to be undone :) Check your responses to what surrounds you. Make the choice to be happy. Do the things that bring you joy. Find joy right where you are.

I never planned on momming. But it happened to me... sometimes it's tough for me to find joy in the things I didn't choose for myself, the things that happen. Sometimes momming is tough, when I've said for the millionth time in a day that it isn't okay to pounce on the dog or pull his tail. This thing that happened... at first I thought it might break my heart. That tiny person who stopped my dreams in their tracks.

But those dreams were petty. They were built on things that didn't matter as much as I thought. I learned to go with the flow and see where life took me instead of chasing purpose. And fancy this: I'm a happier person.

Things are rolling in my life in a spectacular way. I learned to do less muddling when things are tough and enjoy those moments as much as I can... why not? They're my moments, my family's moments.

I love who motherhood has made me. I'm grateful for the chance to mom my precious, rambunctious, unpredictable, curious, sometimes mouthy and recalcitrant little boy. I only hope I can do the job I've been given to the best of my ability, to mom with ahimsa and understanding.

Happy Mother's Day, lovies!

1 comment:

Steve Finnell said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.