03 March, 2015

February: Book report, book report... BOOK REPORT AT LUNCH!

The title of this post is appropriate, if you know the reference. In an episode of The Office, Kelly is excited to see Pam's new clothes she bought. The Office is pretty much the only show I've watched through each season. Cheesy, but I watched it during a rough patch in my life, and I feel like it's a sign of my triumph. It's also just hilarious.

After the crash and burn of For Whom the Bell Tolls, I felt like I needed something light and easy to read. No death and dying. A tome to incite laughter, not tears.

Cue Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me by Mindy Kaling. She's the girl above, being seriously funny. I was a bit sceptical at first, and didn't expect much. However, each turn of the page (errr... click of my Kindle button...) provided laughter, and a comical level of identification with Mindy. Not that I identify with her amazing sense of humor... just her personality and outlook on life.

I also had no clue she was quite so... brainy. She's a Dartmouth graduate, wrote a featured off-Broadway production (which she also produced and in which she also played one of the lead characters), and I can't tell you enough how funny this girl is.

What I think: If you're looking for easy, funny reading (I laughed so hard several times, Paul was intrigued), this book is probably a good choice.

If you're writing a real book report, say, for school, don't choose this book. See my post from last month.

If you're getting on an airplane, be aware you may be the awkward person laughing uncontrollably in seat A18.

No comments: