31 December, 2018

We are gathered here, dearly beloved...

… to get through this thing called life.
                                     - Prince

Here we are on this last day of the year 2018. I've had good days and bad days and in between days, and that's the way life is made up, right? On the good days, we can be good to others, so others can see good. On the bad days, we can receive the good from others. On the days in the center of the spectrum, we have a choice, and I think this is where we find our power.

2018 was full of: growth, new friends, old friends, family, new dances and old dances, books read and books written (!!!), film and art and theatre, hundreds of miles walked and even a few at a snail's pace run, new discoveries, seams stitched, chaturangas and savasanas galore, three journals filled, cookies baked, pizzas and tacos and fries devoured, obsessions kindled (Twin Peaks and Haruki Murakami, I see you...), road trips, waterfalls, golden snowglobe fall days, new dinosaurs, unicorns, llamas, a cute sloth, one extremely anxious gray ball of fluff, one cute boy, one dear husband.

In 2019, I can only hope to continue to fully embrace my curiosity, peculiarities, kindness, drive, love, empathy, creativity, and let them take me where they will, all fostered by a sense of exploration with a studied reticence at the urge to treat me, myself, like a problem that needs to be solved. I want to be good to me in 2019. And eat more fish, because that's a great way to be good to myself.

No comments: