12 June, 2013

Nothing of particularly serious nature.

I have a confession. Two, actually.

I'm skipping today's workout.

I partly skipped so I could watch the season finale of... Awkward. It's my latest guilty pleasure of the television sort.

But whyyyy?

Today's workout fell by the wayside because of Bonnaroo-related insanity, mostly. And a sick little Hobbes-it. I went and lifted early this morning, since the wee one was sick... I had intended to do an interval-type workout on the bike today, this afternoon sometime. But when I saw the Bonnaroo traffic, realized how hot it was, how tired I was, and really, how underfed I was, I said I'd do it on the trainer in the pain cave. And then forgot to turn on the window unit in the pain cave. When I opened the door to the bonus room, it was blazing.

"Why didn't I hop on the trainer downstairs in the living room," you might ask? Then I could watch my indulgent show and ride at the same time? My answer, which is merely a poorly disguised excuse is that I didn't want to risk waking the Hobbes-it.

So I just found myself sitting on the couch, watching Awkward. and getting wrapped up in the fact that now I have to wait MONTHS to see what happens with Jenna and Colin. I may explode with anticipation before then.

And tomorrow, off to Bonnaroo. To watch good bands, eat wonderful to the taste buds/terrible for me food, imbibe the spirits of fun, and to swim at some point...

Are you going out to the field this weekend? What bands are you crazy to see? For me, Calexico tops the list... as well as David Byrne and St. Vincent, and innumberable others I currently can't recall. Mom of a toddler brain.

And that's it for the ramble. Good weekend to you guys :)

No comments: