05 November, 2018

Heart Wide Open

Sometimes I struggle to live openly, welcoming what may come. But that's not how we, these tiny bits of stardust, Rumi's "Universe in ecstatic motion," are meant to live. 

Open to what is offered

From time to time, I find a place, especially a space in time, where I feel myself open up. I spread and bloom to welcome in the light and the dark and all the beauty around me. And love and kindness seal in the warmth and goodness. I carry them with me, those sensed feelings, until they meet with me again in full. I see all the possibilities of my life, the way it intersects and influences others, all because of the magic of that space.

Overlooking Burgess Falls in White County, TN

Yesterday, the three of us loaded up in the car and drove to White County to visit Burgess Falls. The park is stunning, with a fairy tale of a hike past several large drops. The Falling Water River loses around 250 feet in elevation as it runs through the park, creating a river gorge that feels more like it belongs in in the western states than the center of Tennessee.




I often wish I could visually capture the magnitude of these moments, but no picture or painting can do justice to the breadth of an experience. But yesterday was special. The golden sycamore leaves fell from high up in the ridge tops, floating out over the gorge before falling down to the water to drift past us before hitting the top of the water to be carried away to some other place. A bright blue sky created the perfect backdrop, and only served to highlight the autumn snowglobe in which I found myself and my two favorite people. 


With gratitude, I share this magical experience. When we bloom out, we create the space we need to flourish. Be willing to be visionary, to explore.

No comments: