01 October, 2012

All Aboard.

Welcome. Welcome, welcome, welcome.

I've come here to talk... sometimes Facebook is not enough. I don't find pleasure in telling my life's story on such a medium; it always feels like showing off, when really I'm just showing up.

I have lots of free time right now, because I'm just not training for anything. Which, I won't lie, has become a foreign concept. It feels strange to be taking time away from a regimented workout schedule. My ankle is feeling better for it, though. However, my waist line is not. I'll start hopping back on the bike and into the pool soon. And I've been lifting weights and doing yoga. I want to mix it up and do some fun stuff... so, there will be the occasional Crossfit sessions thrown in.

Today and Wednesday, I'll be teaching a Plyo class at the gym, in addition to my regular Friday yoga class. Which should be interesting; I've never taken the class. My knowledge is next to nonexistant. The only thing I really know is that it is a yoga-based system. I plan to mix it up a little with a warmup built from my running plyo drills and then go from there with stationary plyo with yoga-inspired work. We'll see. If no one comes to the Wednesday class, I'll know how well it was received.

Paul is going to do the Jack and Back ride for Bike MS this weekend. I'll be riding around as a SAG driver. I hadn't planned to do the ride because it was going to interfere with my very limited training time for the Middle Half, which I opted not to do in light of my gimpy ankle. Oh well.

Tomorrow night, we'll head to Nashville to see St. Vincent and David Byrne at the Ryman. (SqueeeeeEEE!) I've been a huge Byrne fan for ages, since I discovered True Stories in my early adolescent years. And St. Vincent... gosh, I don't even know where to start.

That's what's going on in the neighborhood. Things will get more interesting as I begin to ramp up training around November for the Ochsner 70.3 in New Orleans in April. I may even *gasp* go to Master's Swim.

But, for now, I bid you a fond farewell. Housework beckons.

<3 br="br">

No comments: