04 October, 2012

Day Two

Day two workout:

5x800 run
5x15 Australian Pull Up
5x15 Jump Squat
5x15 Upright Row

I did all the above... for some reason I was thinking this would be an "easy" workout. The pull ups were fun/challenging. Squats are pretty run of the mill to me, and don't really require much comment. The upright row wasn't bad, with five pound free weights.

The run portion reminded me that I am hurt, and it's not getting better. As per a couple recommendations today, I'll be seeking a doctor's attention for this nagging pain that keeps sticking with me. Henceforth, I'll stick with non-running workouts, working swimming or biking into the Spartan plan, or just doing the plyo and weights work. I'm disappointed I can't fully participate, but I want to be better so I can train for racing next year.

After a discussion today on Facebook, I was reminded about how screwed up our two-party system really is. As exemplified in this Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode.

This is also the episode where Bart has an evil Twin. At one point, they're searching for him, and Homer says, "Lets be sure to look in all the places... misfits would hide." (paraphrased) Lisa responds, "I'll go look at RadioShack!"

No comments: