03 October, 2012

Day UNO, Part UNO


Paul is going to the Shoot Out tonight, which changed my plans to be in the gym early this morning. Which has given me more time to try to convince myself that the challenge that lies ahead for me is really not for me. I keep telling myself that really, thirty days of yoga would be better for me. Or a monthly commitment to getting into the pool three times a week. Or making sure I get on the bike every other morning before Paul leaves for work. I won't lie. The string of excuses are endless.

Because I'm afraid. I'm afraid of embarrassing myself in failure. Most of all, I'm afraid of inflaming this ridiculous tendinitis that has been following me around for about three months now. I learned my lesson about overtraining.

And I worry a little that what I'm about to undertake is going to fall into the same bucket of sour apples.

But my fear and trepidation make me realize that maybe this challenge is what I need to do. I should do it. I should see if I can do it. The problem is that I no longer know where my hard limits are. I don't know if I should stop when something hurts, or run through the pain. I don't know where the easy button is anymore; and I worry I'm going to end up injured.

As I go into this, I know it's what I need to do. It isn't my first choice, but it's in line with where I'm headed. I'll never know if I don't try, anyway.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that picture of you guys. If the tendonitis isn't fading away with rest, ice, & some voltaren ibuprophen cream on it then get a 2nd opinion. Dr. Johnson in the cool springs area treats all the injuries in our Nolensville Run club. He is a far better doc than the one I went to in Tullahoma years ago for my tibia stress fracture.

Lisa said...

Get a 2nd opinion on that tendonitis. Dr. Johnson in the cool springs area treats all our injuries in the Nolensville run club. If it's been around for months & you've rested, iced, & put Voltaren ibuprophen cream on it then I would switch docs. He is way better than the one I had in Tullahoma when I had my tibia stress fracture. LOVE that PIC of you guys!

Lisa said...

Get a 2nd opinion on that tendonitis. Dr. Johnson in the cool springs area treats all our injuries in the Nolensville run club. If it's been around for months & you've rested, iced, & put Voltaren ibuprophen cream on it then I would switch docs. He is way better than the one I had in Tullahoma when I had my tibia stress fracture. LOVE that PIC of you guys!