10 October, 2012

WOD Day Six: Where There's a Will... Or a Wheel.

"Greatness isn't given. Greatness is taken." - Gatorade commercial 

(The most ridiculous source for an inspirational quote ever...)

The Aftermath

I hurt today. As badly, albeit in different places, as I did after the first workout. My entire upper body is rebelling. Ouch go my arms, chest, back, abs... goodness, yesterday was harder than I realized.

But onto today.

Getting Creative

Spartan's WOD blog called for running hill repeats. 4-10 repetitions, 45-60 seconds each, sprinting in the recovery.

As we all know, I'm out for any running right now. But I still wanted to do a related and appropriately painful workout. I saw hill repeats, and I immediately thought, "Oh, what a great way to make myself uncomfortable on the trainer in the pain cave." I toted my bike up the steps (a workout in and of itself, with my arms feeling like rocks...), popped it on the trainer, turned on the MTV, and cranked out the following:

Highest tension via magnet on the trainer
20 minute high cadence warmup (90 rpm or above)
5x1 minute heavy geared "climbs" (keep cadence as high as humanly possible)
                        *sprint on light gear to recover (I heard you... sprint... recover? Oxymorons. I know.)
10 minute cool down

I just laid down on the bed to type this out, and could barely make it without wincing as I came to resting, hehe. So, so sore.


No comments: