08 October, 2012

Spartan Challenge: Day Four

I didn't even attempt the day three fartlek, which was disappointing. Fartleks are, hands down, a favorite run for me. I like intervals, and love the way the different lengths break it up. Oh well... I'll have plenty of intervals to run in a few months.

The day four workout:

CrossFit "The Mary"

Max reps of sets for 20 minutes:

5 Handstand Pushups
10 Single Leg Squats (5 each leg)
15 Pull Ups

Modifications abound in this workout. I ended up doing the simplest modification I found for the pushups, performing pushups in Downward Facing Dog. I increased the repetitions to ten to account for the ease. I performed the squats with a handhold on the door facing. (Sometimes my wobbliness belies the fact that I'm a yoga instructor with a good mastery of balance postures.) Finally, I ended up doing Aussie pullups using the dining table. I didn't want to go to the gym...

11 and a half times through :)

Not the hardest workout I've ever done. My quads are a little sore, but nothing significant. (Probably a result of two days off...) The pullups kill me every time. The table wore sore spots on my hands. I guess that's what happens when you lift your body weight while holding onto a molded edge with sharp corners 150 times. Yes, 150 times. I had to double check to make sure that was correct.

Tomorrow is a fun workout. I'll give you a small preview. If you had to do anything on the minute for a whole hour, how many reps could you do per minute? I think I'll also head to visit my evil, watery master, the pool. He's a cruel, unforgiving one...

Then tomorrow night, Shenanigans for dinner. Yessss!

No comments: