09 October, 2012

Spartan WOD Day Five

Today's workout ridiculousness, brought to you by Spartan 30 Day Challenge.

"WOD: How many push-ups can you consistently do each minute for one hour?
Easy to start doing 10 a minute…but can your finish? 600?"

I had a little voice in my head telling me that five reps per minute would be far too easy. I'm not doing this to do what I already know I am capable of. I'm doing this challenge to see what I'm not capable of, and doing even more.

So I started out at ten per minute. I made it to 33:00 doing ten reps, but had to cut it down to five. I would get to about five and not be able to make it back up.

My grand total of pushups was 465. A week ago, even a day ago, if someone had told me I would come anywhere near being able to do 500 pushups, I'd have laughed in their face.

I enjoyed this workout. I liked the pain/shakiness that came with each new set, each time the minute popped up on my watch. I'm reminded how masochistic working out can be. Kill yourself. Show yourself something new.

No comments: